Re: Verio Decides what parts of the internet to drop

  • From: Randy Bush
  • Date: Mon Dec 06 20:05:08 1999

> Yes, you could arbitrarily say /17 is a fair border, and then people
> would complain about their /18s being unreachable.

using the rirs' allocation boundaries is logical, protects against some
of the worst disasters we have had, and is a clearly visible detent on
the dial.  beyond that is a slippery slope with no rationale i can see
for any stopping point until one hits /24, which we know invites global
disasters.

randy