Mars lander (Re: How to achieve application reliability)

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Sun Dec 05 16:17:37 1999

On Sun, 05 December 1999, James Smith wrote:
> First, Unix is the only way to go. :)  Second, what do you
> suggest instead of a /19?

I was watching the mars polar lander web set up, in the hope the web
would be able to handle the load.  Unfortunately, they haven't gotten
any data for downloading, so we can't tell how well the web sites would
have held up.

On Friday, at landing time, the marslander.jpl.nasa.gov redirector site
seemed to work well.  On the other hand, I did get a few error pages
from the www.marspolarlander.com setup. I don't know if the loads on
each site were equivalent.