using gated for multi-home BGP

  • From: Jim Mercer
  • Date: Sat Oct 16 12:15:16 1999

we are currently using gated to do BGP with some private peers.

the configs are based on a few factoids derived from the examples and alot
of trial and error.

i wonder if there is a site or some sample configs that i can use to learn
about using gated/BGP in the following contexts:

- filters (rejecting/dropping specific routes RFC1918, default, sub/24, etc)
- combining AS's (we have 3+ AS's behind our network)
- raising/lowering preferences on routes/AS's

also, if using an intel platform, with FreeBSD, what would your recommendations
be for processor/RAM with two full peers?

--
[ Jim Mercer    Reptilian Research      jim@reptiles.org   +1 416 410-5633 ]
[ The telephone, for those of you who  have forgotten, was a commonly used ]