Re: how to waste fiber (was:OT:MarketSpeak)

  • From: Steve Meuse
  • Date: Wed Oct 13 18:08:11 1999

At 12:07 PM 10/13/1999 -0400, William Allen Simpson wrote:

Worse, in my miserable experience, the APS would flip back and forth.
It's not supposed to, but it has.  I firmly recommend: do not pay for
APS.  Put the money toward diverse paths.  As usual, Paul Vixie has got
it right!
APS is not intended to be a standalone protection factor. Implemented on routers, it will only protect you up to the first LTE. In most cases, this will be an in-house cross connect.

Don't confuse APS with 1+1 protection.

-Steve