Re: NSI/Internic operational announcement list

  • From: Paul Vixie
  • Date: Fri Jul 02 19:40:13 1999

SEAN@SDG.DRA.COM (Sean Donelan) writes:

> It appears NSI had some trouble today, but I couldn't find any information
> on their web site.  I believe I'm still subscribe to rs-info@internic.net,
> but I didn't see any notices from NSI.
>
> Did I just miss it?

i don't think you missed it.  the operators of the secondary COM servers were
not informed of any of the problems until after my analysis was published, and
by that time netsol had published a new and corrected COM zone.  i'm NOT happy
to have had to learn of it from non-netsol channels when it's clear that they
knew something was happening.  this was a highly operational issue and affected
a lot of users.  NANOG, or at least rs-info@internic.net, or at least the root
name server operators, ought to have been told.