Re: OUTAGE: TCG milwaukee and chicago - reason why...

  • From: Brian Vargyas
  • Date: Thu Mar 25 08:54:32 1999

Sean,

TCG did have a fiber cut between Chicago and Milwaukee yesterday that
affected quite a bit
of service between the two cities as well as within TCG Chicago.   We had
circuits down for
6 hours because of this cut.   They restored service at 9:10 PM.

But the killer story here is that the cause of the fiber cut was
because someone got fired and the guy went cutting through fibers
left and right.  I could not get information on whether this was a
TCG or Ameritech employee... their NOC wouldn't tell/didn't know.
The guy was arrested immeadiately.

- Brian
brianv@xnet.com
XNet Information Systems