Re: Definition for "unattended operation"

  • From: Jan P Tietze
  • Date: Thu Mar 04 19:11:14 1999

"Roeland M.J. Meyer" wrote:

> How about a whois that requires the requestor to be a tech contact for a
> domain?

This sounds pretty good to me. It would certainly prevent a lot of unneeded
phone calls. The InterNIC's whois database would have to check for RIPE etc.
domain tech contacts too though, and some kind of authentication would have to
be done. Authentication based on IP address (ie. extracted from the domain
info) is not acceptable. I believe whois should include passwords for account
authentication then.