Re: the GOV top-level domain

  • From: Mathias Koerber
  • Date: Wed Sep 23 02:07:32 1998

On Tue, 22 Sep 1998, Greg A. Woods wrote:

| Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 19:41:15 -0400 (EDT)
| From: "Greg A. Woods" <woods@most.weird.com>
| To: nanog@merit.edu
| Subject: Re: the GOV top-level domain
|
| [ On Tue, September 22, 1998 at 15:24:08 (-0500), Sean Donelan wrote: ]
| > Subject: Re: the GOV top-level domain
| >
| > >GOV. was missing from A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET sometime yesterday, but the
| > >example with a timestampe has scrolled past my scroll buffer....

Hmm. I went back into the thread, but can't figure out what example
with the timestamp (what bug) is meant here. Someone care to explain?
Maybe I missed that message?

| > Apparently it is a "known" bug in bind that crops up from time
| > to time.
|
| If they know about it you'd think it would take about a half hour or
| less to write a wee script that could check and set of one of their many
| network monitor alarms.  They should be able to catch and fix such a
| problem sooner than anyone can post to NANOG....
|
| --
| 							Greg A. Woods
|
| +1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods@acm.org>      <robohack!woods>
| Planix, Inc. <woods@planix.com>; Secrets of the Weird <woods@weird.com>

Mathias Koerber	  | Tel: +65 / 471 9820    |   mathias@staff.singnet.com.sg
SingNet NOC	  | Fax: +65 / 475 3273    |            mathias@koerber.org
Q'town Tel. Exch. | PGP: Keyid: 768/25E082BD, finger mathias@singnet.com.sg
2 Stirling Rd     |      1A 8B FC D4 93 F1 9A FC BD 98 A3 1A 0E 73 01 65
S'pore 148943     | Disclaimer: I speak only for myself
* Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft *