How to loadshare over many E1 links

  • From: Jesper Skriver
  • Date: Fri Sep 18 11:40:24 1998

Hi,

How would you loadshare over many (>6) parallel E1 links. Currently we
do it by connecting them directly to the Cisco's in each end, and do
CEF based per-packet loadsharing, it works fine, but support a max of
6 E1's ...

I've been thinking om something similar to the Larscom inverse MUX
(http://www.larscom.com/t3ft3/t3_megae.htm), but this one only support
4 E1's, then I can use multiple i-mux's and loadshare over the 8M links
they provide, but it seems like a poor solution.

Yes, I do know that a E3 would be a far better choice, but our ADM
(Add-Drop-Multiplexer??) at this specific location only support
E1's :-(

/Jesper

--
Jesper Skriver (JS249-RIPE), Network manager
Tele Danmark DataNet, IP section (AS3292)