RE: NY times appears to have had a rough morning..

  • From: Tracy Snell
  • Date: Sun Sep 13 12:25:12 1998

Actually they were hacked by a group calling themselves HFG. The correct
website was restored several times only to be overwritten by the hacked
version minutes later. The hacked page talked about cron jobs, I imagine
they hacked one in to keep putting the hacked web page up.

Looks like they finally gave up and took down the server to fix it.