Re: Crazy flying netbios packets

  • From: Stephen Stuart
  • Date: Thu Sep 03 16:44:16 1998

> Has anyone done an estimate on how much traffic is USEFUL?

Sturgeon's Law probably applies: ninety percent of everything is crud.

I had taken some measurements off an intranet (sorry, I hate that
word, too) WAN link that showed port 137 UDP traffic to classful
broadcast addresses (as were mentioed earlier) on a scale that made me
invoke Sturgeon's Law on the people who operated the router at the far
end of the link.

Stephen