Re: Generation of traffic in "settled" peering arrangement

  • From: Alec H. Peterson
  • Date: Tue Aug 25 08:56:14 1998

Owen DeLong wrote:

> Actually, if the content provider simply honors MEDs, that should cover most
> of the issue.  Then, the long haul is done across the content providers'
> backbone anyway.

Then you get into address aggregation issues that have already been
discussed before.

The way I see it, an intelligent content distribution scheme addresses the
vast majority of these concerns.

So, a question to the large web farms.  Why is it that the largest web sites
still seem to be hosted out of a single data center?

Alec

--
|Alec H. Peterson - ahp@hilander.com  | Lead Network Architect           |