Re: Smurfable Networks

  • From: Tim Kempka
  • Date: Wed Jul 22 15:28:09 1998

At 10:43 AM 7/22/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Well, it's been an exhaustive evening.  We've been the target of a pretty
>good smurt attack, which has had my network sucking down between 30 and 50
>Meg for the last 10 hours or so.  I'd appreciate it if you all could have
>a look at the following list of source blocks and let me know if you own
>them and preferably do something about it.  Thanks.
>
>  Brian Horvitz
>  Shore.Net

>209.30.66

I am one of the maintainers of the net block 209.30.0.0 /16 which is not
smurfable.  Please remove it from your list.

Thanks,

Tim Kempka

Tim Kempka                                  E-Mail: tim@flash.net
Network Engineer                         Pager: page_tim@flash.net
FlashNet Communications             Phone: 817-589-2390 ext. 378