Re: backbone transparent proxy / connection hijacking

  • From: Rob Quinn
  • Date: Fri Jun 26 16:32:14 1998

> [...] playing with transparent proxying [...]
> [...] We've got customers with web sites that are broken now because they
> can't communicate with things like Cybercash [...]

 The transparent proxy from one of our firewall vendors wasn't able to
handle connections to Cybercash. Analysis showed that Cybercash was
doing a half-close on their end of the socket, which the proxy took as
a full-close, ending the session.

 Perhaps that's a common mistake?

--
| Opinions are _mine_, facts                                     Rob Quinn |
| are facts.                                                 (703)689-6582 |