Re: PPP over Ethernet?

  • From: Richard Parker
  • Date: Thu Jun 04 05:16:54 1998

woody wrote:
>The standard for PPP over Ethernet is L2TP.  The pre-standard
proprietary
>implementations were L2F and PPTP, from Cisco and Microsoft,
respectively.
>I believe you'll find Internet Drafts on all three.

L2TP is currently an Internet Draft:
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-l2tp-11.txt>

L2F was an Internet Draft, but has since been published as an RFC:
<ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2341.txt>

PPTP was an Internet Draft but has since been deleted (see note):
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-pptp-06.txt>

-Richard