Re: oh, for goodness' sake.

  • From: Michael Dillon
  • Date: Wed Apr 08 03:08:27 1998

On Tue, 7 Apr 1998, Andrew Crawford wrote:

> >    Domain Name: RIPE.NET
> >    Domain Status: On Hold    <<<<<<------

> Perhaps there should be a list of "sacred" domains that should never be
> suspended no matter *how* long they go without paying their fees. I wonder
> what happened in this case?

Now that .NET is irrevocably a commercial top level domain, perhaps
organizations like RIPE should look at moving critical infrastructure
services (not the web server) to another TLD. Perhaps it should be
whois.ripe.int? Since the IPv6 equivalent of in-addr.arpa lives in .INT
this makes sense to me.

http://www.memra.com             -               E-mail: michael@memra.com