Re: Bogus announcement of 205.164.62.0/24 by AGIS - CLEARED

  • From: Andrew Smith
  • Date: Tue Dec 30 14:19:38 1997

> As opposed to getting smurfed and asking MCI security to use MCI-developed
> tracing tools and get "duhhhhh" back in response?
>
> (You know it's going to be a bad day when...)

Actually we had a customer being DoS'd yesterday and after a call to MCI's
security center, they had it tracked down within an hour and filters
in place.

  ** Andrew W. Smith ** awsmith@neosoft.com ** Chief Network Engineer **
    ** http://www.neosoft.com/neosoft/staff/andrew ** 1-888-NEOSOFT **
       ** "Opportunities multiply as they are seized" - Sun Tzu **