MAE-East Status?

  • From: Kevin Martin
  • Date: Tue Dec 23 14:58:09 1997

Can anyone comment on the current status of problems at MAE-East?  As far
as I can see from here, packet loss has risen sharply, and performance has
dropped sharply, several months ago, and rarely has it improved.  For most
pairings of providers on different Gigaswitches, packet loss is regularly
in the 20-30% range.

If this isn't what most people are seeing, I'd like to know.  If it is, I'd
like to hear any insight on when the situation might improve.

If this isn't an operational issue, by God, I don't know what is, but flame
me if you need to.

Kevin Martin
sigma@pair.com