Re: Mae-East Reboot?

  • From: Golan Ben-Oni
  • Date: Wed Oct 08 01:51:55 1997

On Tue, 7 Oct 1997, J.D. Falk wrote:

> Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 21:43:42 -0700
> From: "J.D. Falk" <jdfalk@priori.net>
> To: Deepak Jain <deepak@jain.com>
> Cc: nanog@merit.edu
> Subject: Re: Mae-East Reboot?
>
> On Oct 7, Deepak Jain <deepak@jain.com> wrote:
>
> > Was the Mae-East reboot scheduled or unscheduled?
>
> 	MFS seems to think it was scheduled, but I don't know anybody
> 	besides them who had heard about it beforehand.

MFS mentioned to me earlier that they were going to be making a decision
as to when they would be doing work following an assessment of todays
stability. (Tonight vs. Saturday)

They also mentioned that the problems we were seeing with Mae-East
bouncing was a result of problems with integration of Giga 6.

I was just told now by their customer service center that tonight at 4AM
Central they will be reinstalling trunk cards between Giga 4 and 6 which
were disabled last night, and as a result, we may bounce one more time.

Right now I'm concerned about the packet loss between sides at Mae-West
(which varies during the day between 5 and 15 %).

-G