Re: Cisco access-lists ???

  • From: Randy Bush
  • Date: Fri Jun 27 18:40:57 1997

> I'm looking at Interesting Parameters for flap dampening
> and I don't know how to write the ACL.  How do you write an
> access list to ignore the network and only look at a range
> of mask bits?

Robert:

The 'discussion' of Jack's report seems to have overwhelmed an actual
operational question.  I am shocked and surprised.

In cisco parlance, such an entry might be

    access-list 142 deny ip any  255.255.255.128 0.0.0.127

which blocks any prefix longer than a /24.

As to how to express the dampening in the report you mention, could someone
who has it actually installed (come on RV, SD, ...) and debugged please
post?  I have exceeded my error quota for the day.  Thanks.

randy