Re: Internet outages

  • From: Craig A. Huegen
  • Date: Mon Jun 16 19:13:14 1997

On Mon, 16 Jun 1997, John Hawkinson wrote:

The problem is that outage@dal.net contains much much much more noise than
most network operators would care about.  The posts regarding IRC servers
and channel services and all the IRC garbage are what makes the S:n very
low and the interest very low as well.

==>Wonderful that all you folks this it's a great idea nad all,
==>but it's already been done.
==>
==>That's what outage@dal.net is for.
==>
==>---------------------------------------------------------------------------
==> This collection of lists is provided as a DALnet service - http://www.dal.net/
==>
==>
==>Let's PLEASE AVOID having MULTIPLE LISTS FOR THE SAME PURPOSE.
==>
==>--jhawk
==>
==>> From: Paul Love <epl@pauline.sdsc.edu>
==>> To: Stan Barber <sob@academ.com>
==>> Cc: outage-discuss@academ.com, nanog@merit.edu
==>> Subject: Re: Internet outages
==>> In-Reply-To: <199706161538.KAA25004@academ.com>
==>> Message-Id: <Pine.OSF.3.96.970616133043.17591B-100000@pauline.sdsc.edu>
==>> Mime-Version: 1.0
==>> Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
==>> Sender: owner-outage-discuss@academ.com
==>> Precedence: bulk
==>>
==>>