RE: RFC for well-known admin email addresses?

  • From: John-David Childs
  • Date: Thu Jun 05 17:07:40 1997

On Thu, 5 Jun 1997, Eric Lucas wrote:

> Try, http://www.pmg.lcs.mit.edu/rfc.html
>

> > >The only index I know if is http://ds.internic.net/ds/rfc-index.html
> > >If you know of another, maybe one that is searchable, I'd like to
> > >hear about it.  Sifting through over 2000 RFCs for a keyphrase like
> > >"well-known email addresses" without a search tool takes more than
> > >a few seconds.

Not that it matters much, but your choice of search words can make a huge
difference.  I used

	abuse postmaster noc hostmaster

to query the same WAIS index at InterNIC that others couldn't find
information about "well-known email addresses".
--

John-David Childs (JC612)       http://www.denver.net
System Administrator            jdc@denver.net