RE: ARIN is A Good Thing

  • From: Jim Browning
  • Date: Sat Mar 29 23:47:44 1997
  • Encoding: 38 TEXT

AFAIK, SAIC does not publish financial results for its subsidiaries, nor do
those subsidiaries publish breakdowns of the finances of specific projects.
 It is possible to determine the rough amount of revenues received for
domain registrations by looking at the number of new domains registered and
total domains being administered, and also by looking at was been accrued
into the infrastructure account.  The last semingly credible number I read
put the DNS *revenues* at less than half what has been quoted as *profits*.
--
Jim Browning