Re: Domain Rant.

  • From: George Herbert
  • Date: Thu Mar 20 15:39:39 1997

Whether or not InterNIC feels like putting people who haven't
paid on hold, doing so to people who have paid is completely
irresponsible.  Despite having cancelled check literally in hand,
I'm on hold.  I got a notice 10 days ago and sent them a response
that i had the cancelled check.  TODAY, they put me on hold and said
"sorry, we have no record of this, please send us the check
date and details" rather than ask me that first and then
put me on hold if I couldn't provide them.

I will be lobbying to have InterNICs contract voided immediately
for failure to keep proper records and act in a responsible
manner with its fee operations if this goes on.  The "is registry
something that is charged for" debate is one thing, but gross
mismanagement is another.

-george william herbert
gherbert@crl.com