peering charges: ANSWERED

  • From: Dave Curado
  • Date: Sun Jan 26 15:46:35 1997

Just thought I'd post a follow up...

It sounds like someone has spooked my CEO.
While yes, we've all heard the idea of settlements before,
it doesn't sound like it is any closer to reality then it
was six months ago.

To add my own $0.02 to the discussion regarding the question...
It seems like a simple "supply vs. demand" issue to me.
I would not be surprised if a large provider suddenly said,
"you know, people *want* to peer with us... I bet we could
charge for this as a service...", and some of us would
pay, provided the fee could be cost justified.

In any event, Thanks for the feedback on this question.
davec