Re: Netscape MAE colocation?

  • From: Jason Vagner
  • Date: Wed Jan 15 10:57:23 1997

   >> And Netscape has some mighty big SGI's promintently displayed as
   >> you walk in.
   >
   >Netscape's web servers?  Interesting, does Netscape now host their
   >gigahit-per-day web servers outside the West Coast (in-house or
   >at ISI.NET?)  I was wondering if Netscape now "redirects" web browsers
   >to their "nearest" server?  This would be cool if it would set a precedent;

I thought http still went back to the west coast and it was just ftp
services that were hosted out here on the east coast..?

---

  Jason Vagner <jlv@sig.bsh.com> Resist KRAP and GAK. Police States
  Are Bad. "All that one can give is what is going to happen, which may
  have little to do with a present that you can grasp." - Avital Ronell.