Re: Exchanges that matter...

  • From: Bill Sommerfeld
  • Date: Thu Dec 05 20:26:35 1996

   As is, practically all Internet traffic is long-haul.

I can believe that this likely to be true for web browsing, but I
*know* that at least one Boston-area ISP has a "private interconnect"
with MIT because they had enough traffic locality to warrant it.

Folks doing part-time telecommuting are likely to generate traffic
with very high geographic locality; unfortunately, in a lot of cases,
because of routing nonoptimalities, they wind up generating
"long-haul" traffic instead..

					- Bill