Re: Agenda for next NANOG - interest in domain names?

  • From: Tim Salo
  • Date: Sat Aug 31 12:51:38 1996

> Date: Sat, 31 Aug 1996 09:33:33 -0400
> To: "Susan R. Harris" <srh@merit.edu>, nanog@merit.edu
> From: Carl Oppedahl <carl@oppedahl.com>
> Subject: Re: Agenda for next NANOG - interest in domain names?
> 	[...]
> Is there any interest in a presentation explaining:
>
> - the latest changes in NSI's flawed domain name trademark policy,
> 	[...]

While I don't necessarily like the tone of the e-mail message, I think
it would be interesting to hear an independent legal opinion of the
issues.  Perhaps, a little about the legal background, (e.g., trademark
law), a summary of what issues are fairly clear from a legal perspective,
a descriptions of the areas where the legal answers are not yet
clear, and the level of risk to various parties.

On the other hand, I don't know that NANOG is the right forum for this.

Any suggestions for a better forum?

-tjs