Re: So who the heck is "Wolfcon,"

  • From: Kevin Oberman
  • Date: Mon Aug 26 17:17:59 1996

> Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 13:24:28 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Bill Woodcock <woody@zocalo.net>
>

>     ...and where did they get 14.1 billion dollars?  Does this mean that
>     it's going to be even harder to deal with MFS?  Humpf.

I believe that it's WorldCom (formerly LDDS, nee Long Distance Dialing
Service) and they are the 4th largest telephone service provider in
the US. I believe that they bought WilTel last year and are, like MFS)
in both the local and long-distance business. While WorldCom caters
largely to businesses, they have been my home 1+ provider for some
time.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)