Re: Trial accounts (Re: MAKE SPAM ...etc...)

  • From: Paul A Vixie
  • Date: Thu Aug 22 18:28:43 1996

> Of course that brings up all sorts of issues of defamation (being on the
> list unfairly could hurt one's reputation with customers, etc.),

I'll be including pointers to the evidence in each case.

> due-process (how do you get off the list or on in the first place), etc.

I'll use my own judgement.  SOMEBODY has to use some judgement.

> I would imagine that getting somebody to just "volunteer" to do such a list
> "officially" might be difficult!

My difficulty has been in keeping the activity separate from my role in CIX,
in the ISC, and in my own consulting company.  I'm waiting to hear back from
my lawyer about the disclaimers I proposed, before I go live.