North American Network Operators Group|
Date Prev | Date Next |
Date Index |
Thread Index |
Author Index |
Re: Trial accounts (Re: MAKE SPAM ...etc...)
- From: Paul A Vixie
- Date: Thu Aug 22 12:00:01 1996
> I doubt many (esp. large providers) will start filtering IP/SMTP
> traffic because (1) filters suck precious CPU, (2) they'd have to
> maintain frequently changing filter lists, (3) and they'd increase
> potential liability for traffic monitoring/filtering.
(1) a Null0 route works fine, and costs no additional CPU.
(2) i'm going to start a WWW page to register "bad" nets.
(3) several nationwide ISPs _are_ blocking moneyworld's net.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -