Re: sell shell accounts?

  • From: Dave Siegel
  • Date: Fri Jul 19 19:24:11 1996

> This is true.  But show me a model in which this works and which can update
> that forwarding table 20x/second (at full load WHILE switching packets).
>
> That's what Netstar claims.
>
> CISCO can't even *dream* of getting close to this level of performance.

They don't have to.  They're selling routers.

Maybe when Netstar's can be deployed, there'll be something to shout about.
Until then, it just plain isn't worth arguing about.

Dave

--
Dave Siegel		     Sr. Network Engineer, RTD Systems & Networking
(520)623-9663 x130	     Network Consultant -- Regional/National NSPs