Re: NEW POLICY ON INTERNET DOMAIN NAMES

  • From: Mark Kosters
  • Date: Fri Jul 28 12:17:32 1995

> (legal verbage removed so I can think)

Humm, maybe that is the reason lawyers never could think :^).

> 	How do we deal with a desire to have a "dummy" domain name
> 	that can be used in documentation?

Have no problem with reserving the name in the IANA's honor. Edu.com,
the perennial favorite, is one of these domains. However, I would not
advocate that name. Perhaps example.com or reserved.com?

Thanks,
Mark

--

Mark Kosters              markk@internic.net        +1 703 742 4795
Software Engineer   InterNIC Registration Services