Re: mbone/NSFnet migration (fwd)

  • From: bmanning
  • Date: Thu Oct 20 10:53:37 1994
  • Posted-date: Thu, 20 Oct 1994 07:52:43 -0700 (PDT)

> I would rather see a discussion of the estimated load at the NAPs.

Rat-hole !!!  (of course this is a tasty topic all by itself. I think
there will be some discussion of this in Curtis and Johns presentations)
I am uncomfortable even w/ 100Mbps broadcast media exchanges.  We might be
safe w/ 155Mbps P/P  exchanges.

> Consider the worst possible migration sequence where (I'm guessing)
> BARRNet, NC-REN, NEARnet and Sesquinet transition first.  What will be the
> forecast load at the NAPs?  Is the calculation quick enough to run
> for all 2^9 splits of the MCInet customers? (Assume Sprintlink customers
> and other connectivity havn't moved yet)

I think that MCI is collecting data on this now.

> What is the timeline for direct MCInet connections to other
> interconnects/providers (FIX, MAE, ICM, etc).  Is this traffic going to transit
> ANS in the interim?

Elise will speak to this it think.

> BTW: I have "the mother of all colds", and may not be able to make the meeting.
> I hope the mbone broadcast makes it...

Sorry to hear it.

--
--bill