Merit Joint Technical Staff

Merit Board Retreat

  • From: Jeff.Ogden
  • Date: Sun Jun 28 17:50:34 1992

On October 21-23 the Merit Board will hold a 2 and a half day retreat.
The goal is to give board members more time to interact with other
board members and with the Merit staff then they have in the two
half day regular board meetings each year. A similar retreat was held
a little over two years ago (Feb/March 1990).

If you have topics you want to suggest that the board consider,
please feel free to let me know or to approach a board member
directly. I don't yet know what will be on the agenda, but I'd
guess that some of the following topics are likely to come up:
   --The status and future of the MichNet affilite program.
   --The future of Merit's involvement in national networking.
   --Members fees.
   --Video.
   --What organizations can become members with seats and votes on
     the board.
   --New technology (ATN, SMDS, ...) and network speeds greater than 1.5Mbps.

This is also a time when the board can consider changing Merit or MichNet
policies. Suggestions welcome.

  -Jeff