The Security at University of Michigan IT 2016 (SUMIT_2016) Conference will bring cybersecurity experts from across the United States to Ann Arbor on Thursday, October 20, 2016. The free annual event is now in its 12th year, and much has changed since its inception. Cybersecurity is no longer just about the internet, email and web sites. It now includes power plants, vehicles, medical devices, household appliances and everything else connected by the internet. SUMIT_2016 will feature discussions on the internet of things and several other topics. View the event’s agenda.
Speakers and panelists include:
- Earlence Fernandes: Ph.D. Candidate in Computer Security at the University of Michigan
- Matthew Garrett: Principal Security Engineer, CoreOS
- Alexander Joel: Chief of the Office of Civil Liberties, Privacy and Transparency (CLPT) for the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI)
- Manish Karir: Director of Product Management, Cyber Solutions, FICO
- Craig Labovitz: President and Co-Founder, Deepfield Networks, Inc.
- Mike van Lent: President and CEO, SoarTech
- David Medine: Consultant to CGAP (the Consultative Group to Assist the Poor), former Chair of the Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board
- Jon Oberheide: CTO and Co-Founder, Duo Security, Inc.
- Dan S. Wallach: Professor in the Department of Computer Science and a Rice Scholar in the Baker Institute of Public Policy at Rice University
- Andre Weimerskirch: Vice President Global Cyber Security, Lear Corporation, former Associate Research Scientist, University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute (UMTRI)
SUMIT_2016 will be held on Thursday, October 20th from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Rackham Auditorium, located at 915 East Washington Street in Ann Arbor.