Michigan is positioned to be one of the leading states in the nation to provide high capacity bandwidth needs to all of our K-12 students. The Michigan Statewide Educational Network has brought 10 Gigabit capability to Michigan Intermediate School Districts. Managed by Merit Network, a Michigan-based education and research network, MISEN will have the ability to purchase consortia-based services leveraging economies of scale. Utilization of this network will give instructors the tools and funds they need to train our students in high demand careers such as technology and cyber security.
To learn more about getting your organization connected, please contact Merit today.
“Merit’s network and technical team have laid the foundation for K-12 collaboration on a wide range of services including Internet access and application sharing. We’re already seeing positive impact on budgets, resource sharing and the spread of best practices for critical functions like network security. Michigan’s Department of Education laid out a vision for K-12 connectivity and Merit is helping make it a reality.”
SEN Project Manager
From Genesee ISD
- Merit Lit Ethernet Service is a private, reliable network point-to-point connection that offers high quality of service at an affordable price
- Collaboration with various providers supports connections across the state of Michigan
- Supports gigabit capacity
- Merit provides a Direct Connect option to assist with network resiliency
- Merit provides E-Rate solutions to address the specific needs of our K-12 and library partners
- Benefit from Merit Internet Access – Same as MISEN
- Like MISEN, utilize DDoS Protection to mitigate any attacks on internet-facing resources