Develop Your Leadership Skills and Philosophy
As part of the Academy Leadership educational program, Merit Network is pleased to present Leadership Excellence and Executive Coaching, a three-day experience in the vital tools of becoming an effective leader. Following are dates of upcoming courses in Ann Arbor.
In this intensive three-day course, you will create your own personal leadership philosophy, become a better leader and master skills that can help you improve your business results and accelerate your career.
The course is led by Graydon Krapohl, director of business operations for Merit Network and former colonel in the United States Marine Corps Reserve. Graydon is excited to present this inspiring leadership development program to the Merit Community.

Transforming Managers Into Leaders

The leadership and management skills taught at Leadership Excellence and Executive Coaching were developed and tested by an elite group of service academy graduates/ex-military officers turned successful entrepreneurs and CEOs. Their leadership strategies and tactics have been battle-tested and proven in the real world.

The course is built on the belief that leadership can be learned—and that all leaders need to develop and nurture their skills throughout their careers. In a recent survey, CEOs said they were born with only 40% of their leadership abilities. They developed the remaining 60% of their leadership skills through education and experience.
Course Credits
Completion of Leadership Excellence and Executive Coaching qualifies you for:

  • 36 PDUs from the Project Management Institute
  • 21 HRCI Recertification Credits from the H.R. Certification Institute
  • 36 CPEs from the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NABSA)
After attending the Leadership course, attendees report that:

They are more focused on their key performance indicators for accomplishing organizational goals.
Everyone in their organization understands their contribution to the overall mission.
Communications are dramatically improved because team members now understand expectations.

Their people are aligned and working together as a team.
Turnover in their organizations shrinks, because workers now respect their bosses as leaders.
Key performance indicators improve significantly, demonstrating that the organization is now getting the results it needs.

Your Tuition Includes:

A three-day, goal-focused, outcome-driven workshop
90 days of follow-up executive coaching
Audio MP3 files of the Leadership Excellence course readings
Workbook including self-evaluation, application and action exercises
Your Personal Leader’s Journal Software

Communications are dramatically improved because team members now understand expectations.
Your Personal Energize2Lead™ Leadership Profile
A copy of The Leader’s Compass: A Personal Leadership Philosophy Is Your Key to Success, 2nd Edition, by Ed Ruggero and Dennis F. Haley. This new edition of The Leader’s Compass features the personal leadership philosophy of Bob McDonald, Chief Executive Officer, Procter & Gamble
Bonus: Personal Leader’s Journal software

Graydon Krapohl
Director of Business Operations, Merit Network
Graydon Krapohl, Merit’s Director of Business Operations and former Colonel, United States Marine Corps Reserve, has held a variety of senior leadership, staff, teaching, training, and command positions throughout his professional career.
Graydon came to Merit with a broad range of cross functional and industry experience gained from working in the Federal, State, and private sectors. He has expertise in systems planning, strategic and operational planning, policy formulation, organizational development, and project management, and holds a master’s of strategic studies, with an emphasis on national security strategy from the U.S. Army War College; an MBA from George Mason University; and a bachelor’s degree in liberal arts from the University of Michigan.
“Many organizations promote people to leadership roles and let them develop leadership skills through coaching and on-the-job experience. I believe this informal approach often yields inadequate results, but I have previously found it very difficult to find good leadership development programs to recommend to others.”
“I am a great believer in the Academy Leadership approach and believe it provides an excellent set of skills for leaders. I am proud to have become an Academy Leadership faculty member and am very excited about offering the program to the Merit community.”