November 13, 2017 | 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. | The Henry Hotel, Dearborn
Registration is now closed
As the cybersecurity landscape evolves and threats grow in sophistication, securing your enterprise is continually more difficult. Global ransomware damages are anticipated to exceed $5 billion dollars in 2017.
Whether examining staffing concerns, product evaluations or policy enforcement, today’s security professional is learning that when it comes to protecting their organization, everything is up for debate.
Merit’s Security Summit 2017 will examine:
- Outsourcing vs. hiring full-time staff
- Evaluating RFPs with “extra” features
- Policymaking and enforcement
- Purchasing security products and services
- Implied rights to privacy
- Organizational reporting structure
- Security ethics, net neutrality, the economics of automation and more
Internet Privacy 101
What is privacy? From individual protections to workplace ethics, governmental regulation and the evolving arena of net neutrality, our modern understanding of privacy has become a digital gray area. Jason Brown, CISO of Merit Network, will be holding two privacy discussions, and guests may attend one or both sessions.
The Deep Dive will examine:
- The history of internet privacy
- Life in the age of 24/7 monitoring
- Implied vs. implicit privacy rights in the workplace
- The future state of surveillance
- Practical techniques for protection, policy resources and encryption techniques