The Merit Academy Program is the first of its kind in the nation, offering accredited cybersecurity certification courses that support your curriculum. This comes at a greatly reduced cost for institutions that have their own teaching or training staff. While the Academy program is used more often in a Higher Education platform, it is available to any organization. The duration of the course is at the sole discretion of the institution and is required to be greater than one week and less than six months in length. A Merit membership is required to offer the Academy Program.
- Instructor portal includes: PowerPoint, lab guides, quiz and test generators, videos, study material and additional on-demand learning for students
- Academy courses are accredited by the NSA, the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE), the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies (NICCS), and ISACA.
- Access to trainer and Merit staff best practices learning for students
- Virtualized lab environment provides students and instructors with 24×7 access from anywhere in the world
- Full curriculum and instructor materials provided to the instructor
- Industry certified examination (upon institution approval) provided at no additional costs for all students and one re-take exam (optional) included
- Early access to instructor material and virtual lab environment
- While certificates do not comply with DOD 8570 credentialing, they are regarded as the best preparation courses to sit for those exams in the nation
- Virtualized lab environment allows participants to practice live attacks and network scans without fear of damaging your production network or compromising institutional servers
The C)ISSO is internationally regarded as the most complete and comprehensive prep course to sit for the C)ISSP and includes instruction for all of the eight domains associated with proper Information Security Management. Where applicable, students may also receive proprietary study material for the C)ISSP exam in conjunction with the Mile2 curriculum. This course is theoretical and does not contain labs. Most members place this in the Information Security or MIS platform but that is at the member’s discretion.
The C)PEH training presents information on the latest exploit techniques, vulnerabilities and defenses. This class also enhances the business skills needed to identify protection opportunities, justify testing activities and optimize security controls appropriate to the business needs in order to reduce business risk. This course was developed based on principles and methods used by malicious hackers, but its focus is professional penetration testing and securing information assets. The course provides in-depth labs that focus on open source and commercial based tools, and on industry best practices. These hands-on labs emulate real world hacking scenarios. The labs equip the candidate to assess an organization’s security posture, help implement controls to better secure network infrastructure.
This course is the introductory training in the line of penetration testing courses and certifications. The course helps students gain a foundational knowledge of vulnerability assessments, penetration testing and report writing. Students will learn the process of penetration testing with an emphasis on the business skills needed to identify protection opportunities, justify testing activities and optimize security controls appropriate with organizational needs to reduce risk. The course provides in-depth labs that focus on both open source and commercial based tools with industry best practices. These hands-on labs emulate real world hacking scenarios and equip the candidate to assess your company’s security posture, help implement controls to better secure network infrastructure.
This course provides students with the knowledge and processes needed to identify and defend against security vulnerabilities in software applications. This course provides the aspiring developer or experienced developer with a thorough and broad understanding of secure application concepts, principles and standards. The student will be able to design, develop and test web applications that will provide reliable web services that meet functional business requirements and satisfy compliance and assurance needs. Students will put theory to practice by completing real world labs that include testing applications for software vulnerabilities, identifying weaknesses in design through architecture risks analysis and threat modeling and conducting secure code reviews. This course was developed in conjunction with leading OWASP experts and industry demand in web applications.
This course empowers the student to put together a more complete report using evidence from reconstructed and recovered network transactions. Students learn principles of network forensics analysis and how to apply them by using common tools to recognize traffic patterns associated with suspicious network behavior and subsequently perform network repair procedures. Students will put theory to practice by completing real world labs that simulate real-world scenarios, which cover investigation and recovery of data in network, physical interception, traffic acquisition, analysis, wireless attacks and SNORT. The course focuses on the centralizing and investigating of logging systems as well as network devices.