Merit Community Supporters are the cornerstone of Merit’s scholarship and Bring-A-Colleague programs. Through their partnership and financial contributions, Merit is able to further our mission of connecting organizations and building communities in ways that would not be otherwise possible.
- More than 600 students participated in the Governor’s High School Cyber Challenge 2019. This program aims to build a cybersecurity ecosystem by exposing students to the security career field.
- Over 150 Member organizations took advantage of our Bring-A-Colleague program at our annual Merit Member Conference.The conference this year focused on organizations navigating the obstacles of robust networks, securing information and connecting communities in these uncharted times. MMC 2019 provided discourse on the tools, expertise and resources we need to eclipse these challenges together, while providing the best ROI for the objectives.
- More than 140 Member organizations attending the 1st annual Michigan Moonshot Broadband Summit took advantage of the community supporter assisted pricing. This conference focused on ways communities can leverage broadband network access to eliminate the homework gap, benefit education, smart agriculture, socioeconomic equality, telemedicine, public safety and economic development, all to maintain and grow quality of life for their citizens.
- Community Supporters allowed us to “take the show on the road” and conduct free security workshops, cybersecurity training at remote locations during spring and summer in Michigan.
- Through the funding of the Merit Community Supporter program, Merit offered scholarships to cover fees associated with education and training courses for Merit Members who would otherwise be unable to attend. The primary goal of the program is to aid Merit Member organizations in maintaining strong cybersecurity and networking skills, despite funding limitations.Click here to learn more about our scholarship program.
If your organization is interested in participating in the Merit Community Supporter Program, please contact us at .