Re: tech support being flooded due to IE 0day

  • From: Michael.Dillon
  • Date: Fri Sep 22 05:26:30 2006

> To the people who say we throw in the towel and just say "Gadi will
never
> stop posting off-topic crap, so why bother trying to correct him?", I'd
> suggest that this is a self-defeating attitude. Not only because Gadi
> could actually be posting useful stuff if set on the right path as to
what
> is appropriate and what is not, but because 10,000 other people are
going
> to be reading that post and thinking that this is appropriate subject
> matter. One off-topic post you can delete, but an entire list which has
> been co-opted by off-topic material can not be fixed.

I agree with you 100%. Please give us your list of *ALL*
the topics that you think are appropriate for this list.

--Michael Dillon

P.S. Note that I do not agree that anyone has yet tried
to "correct" Gadi. All I have seen is bellyaching on a
personal level, i.e. person A does not like person B's message.
To set everyone on the right path we need a description
of the path itself.