Re: tech support being flooded due to IE 0day

  • From: Gadi Evron
  • Date: Thu Sep 21 21:54:44 2006

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006, Bill Sehmel wrote:

> Gadi Evron wrote:
> > Hi guys, several ISP's are experiencing a flood of calls from customers
> > who get failed installations of the recent IE 0day - VML - (vgx.dll).
> >
> > If you are getting such floods too, this is why.
> >
> > This is currently discussed on the botnets@ list, as raised by Cox, and I
> > figured I will float it out here.
> >
> > No patch is currently available from Microsoft, workaround are available.
> >
> > 	Gadi.
> >

> And this has to do with Network Operations in what way?

In my book, if very large ISPs abuse desks become saturated, this is a
problem ISPs face. Most ISPs would like to know how to respond to these
questions, as well as know what's going on.

Are you telling me tech support overflow at this immense scale does not
affect the ISP and its network staff as well?

It's not BGP, it's on-topic to others here.

	Gadi.