Q on what IGP routing protocol to use for supplying only gatewayaddress

  • From: william(at)elan.net
  • Date: Thu Sep 14 13:38:04 2006

I need to implement a sort-of failover-loadbalancing where systems
would receive gateway address from at least two routers (including
metric preference if possible). This needs to be done so that no special additional config is required on routers for each new system and for
each system all they need is gateway address and nothing else (no routes will be advertised to the router; but for security I'll want to specify
that no routes should be accepted). The systems receiving the routes
would be primarily linux PCs but will also include several windows and solaris machines. I don't want to use RIP (any version) or proxy ARP.
The routers are currently all cisco equipment.

Any suggestion as to what IGP protocol is best for this scenario?

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks