RE: [Fwd: Kremen VS Arin Antitrust Lawsuit - Anyone have feedback?]

  • From: Hank Nussbacher
  • Date: Sat Sep 09 13:45:21 2006

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006, Tony Li wrote:

And the same way that government forced telephone number portability, I foresee one day government requiring IP number portability among ISPs in order to increase competition. So all those SWIPS and PA assignments in ARIN/RIPE/APNIc may one day be used to allow Acme Nail with their /29 assignment to leave ISP A and move to ISP B. Legislators have been known to make more idiotic laws and regulations so don't think it couldn't happen.

-Hank Nussbacher
http://www.interall.co.il

Another somewhat important point is that we also need to conserve
routing entries.  If you make a market for addresses without regard to
routability, you risk creating a situation where you flood the world
with /32's.  No thanks.

Tony