Re: [routing-wg]BGP Update Report

  • From: Patrick W. Gilmore
  • Date: Fri Sep 08 11:15:49 2006

On Sep 8, 2006, at 10:57 AM, Hank Nussbacher wrote:
On Fri, 8 Sep 2006, cidr-report@potaroo.net wrote:

Strike me as curious, but this seems as if Connexion by Boeing is handing off a /24 from ASN to ASN as a certain plane moves over certain geographic areas. Or is there some other explanation?
They presented at NANOG saying they would be re-announcing a /24 per plane as it crosses the ocean. I can't recall if the originating (or transit) ASNs were going to change, but it doesn't seem wholly unreasonable. IMHO, of course.

--
TTFN,
patrick