AboveNet and Level(3) in Chicago

  • From: Mike Hammett
  • Date: Tue Jun 27 12:23:10 2006

Can anyone confirm if AboveNet and Level(3) have added or improved peering in Chicago?  I don't have a previous traceroute to compare to, but a new one from my ISP network singlehomed on AboveNet to a server with several carriers including Level(3) seems to suggest that.  Traceroutes always included Level(3), but now they're a few hops shorter and maybe 20 - 30 ms faster.

----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com