Re: WSJ: Big tech firms seeking power

  • From: chuck goolsbee
  • Date: Fri Jun 16 13:48:17 2006

I wonder just how much power it takes to cool 450,000 servers.
I've heard mumbles that the per kWh rates from Bonneville in the locations along the Columbia are in the sub-4 range.

Grant county is seeing a huge fiber building boom as a result. It will be more wired up than King county soon. Woody was here last night and remarked (feel free to correct me if I misquote you Bill) that it was funny that nowadays "network geeks were more interested in kilowatts than kilobits"

--chuck (in Seattle)