Re: private ip addresses from ISP

  • From: Joe Maimon
  • Date: Tue May 23 11:58:14 2006

Joseph S D Yao wrote:

Folks are sounding as if they'd never 'traceroute'd THROUGH a set of
unroutable IP addresses.  I have seen cases where my 'traceroute' looked
like this [when I've had the patience to not hit Interrupt at the first
sign of stars]:

 1  1 ms  1 ms  1 ms  router.here
 2 10 ms 10 ms 10 ms  router.there
 7 80 ms 80 ms 80 ms  router.over.yonder
 8 90 ms 90 ms 90 ms  host.over.yonder

It works!

Its also quite annoying to wait for each hop to timeout.