Re: [Way OT] Re: Geo location to IP mapping

  • From: Martin Hannigan
  • Date: Wed May 17 17:30:03 2006

At 03:58 PM 5/17/2006, Scott Weeks wrote:

[ SNIP ]

That's not the address space I manage.  It's just my ISP.
From www.hostip.info I get " ... actually we haven't a
clue."  The IP space I manage is a /15 and is in ARIN, so
it's hard to miss...

scott

It's not really fair to baseline the credibility of
any geo location discussion based on hostip.info.

There are much better commercial services like Quovus,
MaxMind, and Akamai.

-M<

--
Martin Hannigan (c) 617-388-2663